Thursday 17 April 2014

Another Card for Virginia's View Challenge

Some good news to share - my baby Kingsley card for CASE Study #186 challenge got Top 3! Yay!

I normally don't jump into a new Craft trend so easily. During our craft retreat, I got to try out a few stencils and I'm starting to embrace this new trend! When I came back, I realised I don't have many stencils at all until I went through the goodies bag Joy gave me and found a butterfly stencil in there. So here is my first inking with this stencil. After sponging with distress inks, I overstamped with Hero Arts Leafy Vines in black before removing the stencil. I added the sentiment in black, matted with a black card stock, added some accents with a gel pen and matching sequins. I'm adding this card to Virginia's View Challenge #2 Stencil.





Ingredients:
Card - Neenah Solar White, black cardstock
Stencil - Heidi Swapp
Stamp - Hero Arts CG509 Leafy Vines, CL498
Inks - Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac and Picked Raspberry, Ranger Archival Jet Black
Others - The Twinery Twine, Sequins, white gel pen

2 comments:

  1. I love that you experiment and have fun with this new trend, Cecilia! The stamping over the stencil adds such lovely details on the butterflies! Beautiful work! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely Cecilia. Beautifully done

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...