Monday 14 May 2012

Celebrate

I often participate in the Hero Arts Flickr group 90 minute scramble. The task is to make a card within 90 minutes and the theme is set at the start of the scramble. Sometimes the timing is not exactly ideal as most of them are set at American times. There was one last Saturday night at 8pm NY time which translated to 6am Melbourne time (on Mother's Day). I got up for it and made the card in under 60 minutes as we had a house guest getting ready to head off at the airport at the same time. I just made it just in the nick of time. I decided to use the current retro sketch for the challenge. The scramble challenge was set by the lovely Cheiron and the task was to make a card for ourselves rather than anyone else.

I chose my new MME Chevron washi tape and used a matching Chevron paper. The contrasting colour was a dark pink. I used my favourite papers from My Minds Eye. The flower was stamped on patterned papers and fussy cut and layered with foam dots, finished off with a brad from Kaisercraft. A card to 'Celebrate' Mother's Day for me!! Thanks for dropping by!



Challenges:
Retro Sketches - RS#11
Hero Arts May challenge - Happy Birthday
Hero Arts Flickr - 90 minute scramble
Ingredients:
Cardstock - Via Vellum Kraft
Papers - MME A Happy Heart, MME On the Bright Side
Stamps - HA CG290 Four Flowers, HA CL272 All Occasion Messages
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Others - MME Indie Chic tape, Kaisercraft Epoxy brad, Kaisercraft rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, the colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card, Cecilia! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card Cecilia! The colours and patterns are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...