Saturday 14 April 2012

Mother's Day Card 2

I have three Mother's Day cards to make, so here is the second one. I decided to participate in the CardPatterns Sketch 160 as my first winning card was made with one of their sketches. My problem with this sketch (I almost was not going to participate) is that I do not have any oval dies. I ended up using a rectangular frame, rounded on the corners.

The colour scheme was determined by the colours of the Washi tape (Yes, I have to thank my sister again), the rest was pretty easy until I decided to paint with distress re-inkers (my first try at this). The colours did not turn out that nice on kraft card stock. I kept it and stamped on MME A Happy Heart patterned paper and fussy cut the flowers. The leaves were coloured with Peeled Paint and the cardstock I used were from the Tim Holtz Distress collection. The flowers are from Hero Arts and the sentiment from Kaisercraft. I now have one more Mother's Day card to make. Why three? I send one to my Ex-Mother-In-Law as well :) 


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...